The 8 Week Olympic Weightlifting Course is for athletes that want to improve their snatch and clean and jerk. Athletes will meet every Saturday for 8 weeks to work on their skill development and will be given homework to complete on their own. At the end of eight weeks an Olympic Weightlifting Meet will be held to test a 1 rep max on both Snatch and Clean & jerk.
8 Weeks Curriculum Includes
- Athlete Assessments: Each athlete will be assessed in the beginning of the course to determine areas of improvements for both Snatch and Clean & Jerk
- Strength Training: Accessory lifts/movements to increase strength in areas that need improvements
- 8 Training Sessions: Practice and perform snatch and clean & jerk technique
- Homework: Athletes will be given “homework” to work on outside of the lifting sessions. Ex: mobility, extra workouts/program, and/or online education.
- Olympic Weightlifting Meet: At the end of the 8 weeks we will host an Olympic Weightlifting Meet to test a 1 rep max on both Snatch and Clean & jerk.
8 Week Olympic Weightlifting Course
Saturdays at 10:15am, limited to 10 people
The next course begins April 7th